When is a Mold or VOC Inspection Needed?
We are usually called into a home or business for one or more of the following reasons:
- Recent Water Damage
- Visible Growth
- Strange Smell
- Health Complications
- Looking For Peace of Mind
- Real Estate Transaction
In the long run, it is very likely that you are going to save money by spending some on getting an inspection first. Either you get peace of mind with our test results showing there is no problem or a mold is non-toxic. Or you save money going into the remediation process with our detailed protocol to ensure only necessary work is done and the job is done right the first time.
If you do decide to go directly into the mold removal process, we highly recommend that you hire an inspector separate from the restoration company hired to complete post remediation clearance testing. Whenever a professional is brought in to clean an area, they use a containment as the work they are doing is actually releasing a significant amount of mold spores into the air. At the same time they run air scrubbers to filter out these spores and return the area to normal. Clearance testing is done by taking an air sample from within a containment area to make sure the air has returned to normal. This should be done before the rebuild process so the company hired can do additional work if necessary.
Call Safe At Home With Any Questions 201-657-8841
- Call or Email us to Schedule an Appointment
- Visual Assessment of Property
- Air and Surface Sample Collection
- Infrared Thermal Image Inspection
- Tests Sent into Independent Lab for Analysis
- Client and Inspector Receive Lab Results
- Inspector Provides Client with Detailed Protocol for Mold Remediation (If Necessary)
- Clearance Testing (If Necessary)
- Full Customer Support Throughout